recognition is given to an individual who has made major contributions
to the school counseling profession in the state of Iowa.
The nominee must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling or its equivalent
- Have worked as a school counselor, district administrator of school counseling programs, and/or AEA school counseling consultant
- Maintain high moral standards in their personal and professional conduct.
Criteria for recognition:
nominee has been responsible for innovations in guidance and counseling
programs, for providing leadership in the further development of
existing guidance and counseling programs, or for performing an
outstanding service to the school or community.
- The nominee has contributed to the professional development of school counselors at the local, area, or state level.
- The nominee has represented the interest, needs, and concerns of school counselors
- The nominee has impacted the future of school counseling in Iowa.
- The nominee demonstrates exemplary support and promotion of guidance and counseling services.
- The nominee demonstrates the implementation of new/additional guidance and counseling services
- The nominee should demonstrate the improvement of guidance and counseling services.
Procedures for nomination:
Please visit http://iowa.schoolcounselorawards.org/scoy/index and select the other awards section for the application packets.
- Complete Nomination Form
of nomination. This letter should contain a description of the
program(s), activities, and/or contribution(s) for which the individual
is being nominated (not to exceed three pages).
- Vita (resume) for the nominee (not to exceed two pages)
- Letters of support (not to exceed four letters).