Becoming a member of the Iowa School Counselor Association is a tremendous asset to your professional career. School Counselors are actively committed to helping students understand that the choices they make now will affect their future personal, educational and career paths. ISCA is a statewide nonprofit organization comprised of Iowa school counselors dedicated to supporting the profession of school counseling and each other.
We believe that school counselors
Counselors need each other for:
- are leaders, advocates and change agents in schools
- are integral to the total education program
- use data to affect change
- remove barriers to learning
- promote equity and access to a rigorous education for every student
- A strong professional image
- Personal and professional growth
- Promoting continually improved counseling services by working with and learning from allied professional organizations such as American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
- Professional Recognition for outstanding school counselors
- Staying on the leading edge of the profession!